Who we are
We are Daily Paper Retail bv ("Daily Paper Retail bv", "Daily Paper Retail bv.com", "us", "we" and "our"). Daily Paper Retail is an Amsterdam- based fashion and lifestyle brand established in 2012 by three childhood friends. Along the years the brand, once blog established by Hussein, Jefferson and Abderrahmane sharing a love for music, art, fashion, and culture, grew to household name with shops worldwide.
DAILY PAPER Retail BV, with seat at Bilderdijkstraat 131, 1051 KN, Amsterdam with Chamber of Commerce number 68052022 is responsible for using your personal data.
Personal data we collect
The information we collect about you when you buy our products or use our Services may include the following (jointly referred to as: ‘personal data’).
- Your contact details. Your name, postal address and other contact details, such as your telephone number and e-mail address.
- Your account data and electronic identification data (including IP address, MAC address, geographic area where you are located, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation paths, as well as information about timing, frequency and pattern of your service use) and the data you provide to us.
- Information regarding your use of our online Services. This may include data regarding the pages you visit and the content of your abandoned shopping cart.
- Your purchases in our stores and online. The data we collect if you purchase a product in one of our stores or online, (such as date and amount of the purchase, the product you purchased location of the store, the website or app through which you make your purchase, payment method, payment status, discount, delivery method and delivery address.
- Your reviews. The comments, experiences, preferences, product reviews shared with us online or through social media.
- Your communication data. Your requests, any complaints you may have and any other data that we receive if we communicate with you via e-mail, online or via social media.
- Your job application and work experience, age, school qualifications, interests, and other information you provide to us when you send us your resume’ or apply for a job opening.
What we do with your personal data
DAILY PAPER collects and utilizes your personal data for the purposes set out below.
For the performance of our agreement with you:
In order to manage and handle your purchases (online and in our stores) and to provide you with the Services you requested from us, including handling your requests, we use your contact details, your account and electronic identification data, information regarding your purchases in our stores and online.
To comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject:
The information described above may be used to maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
For our legitimate commercial interests:
The usage and analytical data (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation paths, as well as information about timing, frequency and pattern of your service use) may be processed for the purposes of analyzing the use of the website and services. We process this information in order to monitoring and improving our website and services.
The personal data referred to above may also be used by Daily Paper:
- to generate aggregated statistics about the users of our products and Services;
- to assist in security and fraud prevention;
- for system security and integrity purposes (preventing hacking, cheats, spamming, etc.);
- to remind you per email of your abandoned cart or send you an order confirmation;
- to facilitate our business operations, to operate company policies and procedures;
- to enable us to merge, sell, acquire, or transfer assets; and
- for other legitimate business purposes permitted by applicable law.
Use of information based on your consent:
If you choose so and consent we will use your contact details to send you marketing materials and newsletters. You may opt out of receiving such marketing materials at any time by following the instructions in any communication you receive from us. You can also control these preferences in your profile settings and device. We may also use your personal data referred for marketing purposes based on your profiles via email, or other electronic means or otherwise, but we will only do so after we have received your consent to do so.
Please be advised that you can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on the link we provide you with all our communications.
Please do not supply any other person’s personal data to us.
How we share your data
We don’t sell your personal data and we may share your personal data with the following parties:
- Service Providers and Processors: we engage third party vendors, agents, service providers, and affiliated entities to provide services to us on our behalf, such as support for the internal operations of our websites, online stores (including payment processors and third parties we use of sending your orders to your home address), Services (e.g., technical support processing), as well as related offline product support services, data storage and other services. Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your information for their own (marketing) purposes.
- Affiliated companies: including other companies within Daily Paper Retail BV, joint ventures, franchisees and licensees.
- Partners: Sometimes we offer you a service or product in co-operation with partners. In this case we may also disclose your personal data to those partners, but only where you have consented.
- Corporate Transactions: information about our customers, including personal data, may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale, transfer of our assets, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event.
- With Consent: we may also disclose information about you, including personal data to any other third parties, where you have consented or requested that we do so.
- Third parties: provided a legal requirement must be followed. We may also disclose your personal data if we believe we are required to do so by law, or is reasonably necessary or to respond to claims and defend out legal position.
- Lastly we may share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual.
International transfers of your personal data
Please be informed that we transfer and process any personal data you provide to us to countries other than your country of residence. The laws of these countries may not afford the same level of protection to your personal data. We will therefore seek to ensure that all adequate safeguards are in place and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with in connection with such transfer. More in particular for data transferred from the EU to countries outside the EU, we utilize the (new) EU Model Clauses.
We do take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is duly secured, adopting appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures, so that they are protected against unauthorized or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorized access or disclosure, accidental or wrongful destruction, and loss. Please do consider that e-mail is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. Some of the information you may enter on our website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer or SSL. We also use software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, otherwise cause damage. We secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Data retention: How long do we retain your data
We retain your personal data for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which it was originally collected and used, unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations (for example for tax related reasons) or to defend a legal claim.
What are your rights
You have the following rights concerning your personal data:
Access and correction
If you would like to know what personal data we process about you and for what purposes, please contact us via our Customer Service or at email@example.com. You can also request to amend or correct your data. If you are under 16, such requests should be made by your parent (or legal representative). We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but no later than four (4) weeks.
You may object at any time to the use of personal data for direct marketing and/or (further) receipt of (certain) marketing information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want us to delete your personal data and/or your account, you can request this by sending an email to email@example.com. It is possible that some personal data may be retained by us after the deletion request, for example if this is necessary for the processing of orders placed or if there is a legal obligation to retain the data.
Restriction of processing
If you have legitimate reasons to request restriction of processing, for example because you dispute the accuracy of the personal data processed by us or you have objected to the processing of personal data by us, you can request this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the processing of personal data is based on your consent and is performed through automated processes, you have the right to request to obtain the relevant personal data you provided to the us in a structured, common and machine-readable form. You can request this by sending an email to email@example.com.
Withdrawal of consent
Where any processing of your personal data is based on your (explicit) consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent before its withdrawal.
In case you may have a question or complaint about how we process your personal data, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority or with the Data Protection Authority of your country of residence
Our websites and mobile applications contain links to third-party websites; if you follow these links, you will exit our websites and mobile applications. While these third-party websites are selected with care, we cannot accept liability for the use of your personal data by these organizations. For more information, please consult the privacy statement of the website you are visiting (if such a statement is provided).
Changes to the policy